I’m sure we’re all aware that Mother’s Day is on Sunday.
(were you NOT aware? OH NO! You’re in trouble!)
I want to start by stating that I was born to the world’s most FANTASTIC woman. Hands down.
(I’m sorry if you had been under the impression that YOU had the world’s most fantastic mother. I hate to burst your bubble.)
No matter what trials I’ve had to go through in this life. They pale in comparison to the blessing it has been to be her daughter. She is an example of strength, loyalty, nurturing, endurance, and positive attitude. And plus, she’s super cute to boot! (right?)
This is one of my favorite pictures of me with the “girls” in my family. My Mom, my sister, and my sister-in-laws. That’s my super cute Mom. Right there in the middle. Hard to pick her out, right? She’s just one of the girls.
I adore BEING a mother. And I enjoy HAVING a Mother.
However, what I DON’T enjoy is that not everyone loves this holiday. Nor does it seem like a celebration for some amazing women.
- Some of my dear friends have lost their Mothers (some very prematurely) and Mother’s Day is a sad reminder that they don’t have that person here with them on this earth.
- Some of my other friends do not have children of their own. While some people choose not to become Mother’s, these sweet women YEARN to have children. Every second. Of every day. And this holiday seems like it’s mocking them.
- Some others have sent their children back to heaven. And this day makes them aware that their arms are a little bit empty.
Certainly Mothers Day is a wonderful day, and worthy of a HUGE CELEBRATION. In fact, we should probably celebrate Mothers more that just 24 hours each year.
(someone tell that to my kids. I need more than just a 24 hour break. Geez. Who’s in charge of benefits at this job? H. R.? Anyone?)
Mothering, the act of caring for another.
Now THAT is a universal trait given to women. All women.
A celebration of the things that make women unique. That make them inherently giving, and nurturing, and soft. Those are still the things I love in my mother. But they are also things I adore in my son’s school teacher. Or in my Aunts. Or in women that I admire.
And they are traits that I hope to work on in myself. And perfect.
If you are running short on time for a Mother’s Day present….(and PS….you TOTALLY are!)
I have this little printable quote available for you. I printed it out this morning and put it in a FAN-TAS-TIC bright colored frame. I love it! It would make a really thoughtful gift. And not just for your “Mom”. But for a woman who has taught you about “mothering”. By taking care of you, or nurturing you. Or someone you admire.
Because I am CONFIDENT that most women cannot be over-appreciated.
No one can. Really.
“You’re amazing” is never a bad sentiment.
“life isn’t about finding yourself
life is about creating yourself”
George Bernard Shaw
I have pondered this quote for DAYS now. Days and days. And the more I think about it the more I ADORE it.
It’s about wanting to be the woman you admire. And discovering what you expect from yourself.
And rather than comparing yourself to women you aspire to be like….and feeling defeated…..
it’s about MAKING yourself into the person you want to be.
Man. That couldn’t possibly be more empowering!
- LCMF prinatables are for PERSONAL USE only. You may not re-sell, re-distribute, or claim them as your own.
- Please do not remove the watermark.
- If posting on the internet, you MUST post a link back to this website.
- Personalization, color changes, and other customizations are not available on freebie printables. They are offered “as-is”.
*edit—(I also had a request to make this quote in Spanish. And while I don’t normally alter printables by request, I thought this was a really great idea! Plus she gave me the Spanish translation, which I wouldn’t know. So for you, Olga…)
Have an amazingly, fantastic weekend.
Remember a woman who has inspired you.
Whether it be your ACTUAL Mother or not.
Remember your own worth as a woman. Regardless of whether you have children in your care.
Remember the power you have to become all you want to be.
And create that within yourself.