So often, people…lovely people…make comments to me about how I’m happy even though I’ve been pretty much in bed since March. (PS….if you are running behind on that sitch you can check out my TMI post or also this quick video that explain it a little bit.) Or how I look pretty made up every day. Or how I’m keeping my home, blog, marriage, and life running so smoothly.
And usually I laugh, like a snort kind.
Because that couldn’t be farther from the truth of my life.
You have to know, cute little blog readers
- Most people don’t want you to see their dirty house.
- Nobody likes complainers, so hopefully most people aren’t whining about their life all the time. (although….I CAN be that way….sorry if you’ve been on the other end of one of those days)
- Everyone has smelly breath sometimes
- Everyone burns their food on accident
- Everyone yells at their friends, spouse, or kids…and then regrets it.
- Everyone just decides it’s gonna have to be a Little Ceasars night
- Look, everyone’s farts stink.
It’s just the truth.
So, as a response to all those well meaning people who think I live in heels and lipstick as I lay here in my perfectly clean home, with my Pinterest recipe crock-pot meal waiting for my family’s dinner……..I’ve made you a little video.
(if you are reading in an RSS reader, you will most likely need to click over to my blog to see it…and please do…it’s got some funny parts)
So now you know. I’d like credit for the fact that I, indeed, work miracles with that hair I have. It’s taken years to master.
My double chins, and giant bosoms often make it difficult for me to eat while lying down. And frequently, I lose food that I can’t retrieve. Noodles are particularly advanced.
My toes have remained unpainted for a week now. And (first world problem) that is the LONGEST I can remember that ever happening. It’s hideous.
Am I pissy some days? Heck yes! Do I say swear words? More often than I should.
But honest and TRUE:
I WILL find something to learn from this.
I will figure out why I needed to have this particular trial. I will count my blessings, even the tiny ones….like a perfectly ripe watermelon. Or a tomato that actually grew under my care. (I KNOW!!) There are things to be grateful for every day. And there are people who would benefit from the truth of who YOU are and what YOU have to offer.